Sunday, March 21, 2010

Roy Orbison Sings for the Lonely

The screen door slams
Mary's dress waves
Like a vision she dances across the porch
As the radio plays
Roy Orbison singing for the lonely
Hey that's me and I want you only
Don't turn me home again
I just can't face myself alone again
Don't run back inside
darling you know just what I'm here for
So you're scared and you're thinking
That maybe we ain't that young anymore
Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright
Oh and that's alright with me

Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road

I think every girl named Mary probably knows this song...

2 comments:

CMorgan said...

At the very least, those girls should know about Proud Mary

and The Wind Cries Mary.

If you don't check out the first two links....take the 2 mins to see Mary Mary and the Run DMC version.

It will bring back some memories !

pc said...

Nice links, CPM